Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Recovery

Well my last post was just before my friend Jennifer came to visit for two weeks. MAN what a whirlwind two weeks that was. I can't freaking believe all the places we went. Jen got to see the beach and Elizabeth (her 23 month old daughter) loved playing in the waves.

We went to Cocoa Beach and of course we had to visit Ron Jon's . I got a few things and a new beach bag. I needed another bag like I need a hole in the head. Jen picked up some clothes for the girls and some makeup! Woot. I got Ian some shirts and of course, some makeup. Wootnwoot. No really, I have a makeup obsession as well.

We did get some productive things done while she was here. I fed my freezer. She helped me organize my list and helped me cook. It was amazing what I could get done while she was here. My organizational skills suck, that's obvious, but it was nice for Ian to be distracted by Elizabeth (or EB as we called her). We made soooo much food. The cool thing about this vs. My delicious dinners (MDD) is that I can pick my favorite recipes. I made a GIGANTIC pot of spaghetti sauce. Or well rather, we did. I have several pounds of ground beef in the freezer as well as a ton of cubed cooked chicken. It took us several days to get it all done, but it was well worth it. I now have a good shopping list, an organization plan and notes on how it went. I think I was a little too ambitious, and I ened up leaving a few recipes out. However, we still made enough for 17 meals. I have the stuff for another 3 or 4 to make on the fly (like Summer Corn Chowder and Beef Stroganoff).

Ugh, I want to post about the whole biting issue (poor EB has freaking bruises everywhere), but I don't have more time to write. Maybe later I'll get to the whole "my child the biter" episode.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home