Sunday, January 15, 2006

There is HOPE!

Well my child is continuing to get better at naptime. I love this whole just walking to the bedroom and nursing him to sleep at naptime. Man, this rocks. You know what else is awesome? TV. He still won't watch a whole episode of anything, but man I can actually get some stuff done.

I have finally started to organize for my feeding the freezer plan. Man I love My Delicious Dinners. I am working very hard on suppling us with a "whole foods" diet. The move from their menus to mine will support that. My biggest crutch is using Cambpell's (why the hell is it spelled like that anyway??) soup. I have several recipes that use at least two different flavors of soup. Ooooh and canned tomatoes. I have a feeling the canned tomatoes will be the last to go. I will probably never make it to complete non-processed food status, but if its one thing I've learned about myself is that if I do stuff very gradually and slowly, I can make it farther than I ever though. Cold turkey IS NEVER EVER the tactic I should use. Which is odd, because I love change. Maybe I like change, but I am too lazy to enact the change most of the time. Ha ha!

My new waffle iron is wonderful. When I'm done experimenting, I'll post my favorite recipes. I need to go to Wally world to get some more food (and another set of ingredients for a different waffle recipe).

Jennifer arrives on Monday. I'm so freaking excited. These next two weeks are going to be fun. Not quite as fun as if John were still going on TDY, but they will be fun. I told John that we were basically going to act as if he weren't here. Though I will still have to provide food for him. That shouldn't be a problem since I plan to enlist Jen as my cooking buddy for a small freezer session. I think she'd find it fun to do with me. And I'm not talking about a 8 hour session or anything. For info on freezer cooking, start with this.

My child is blissfully asleep, so I'd better run to the store while John can watch him heh. If I wait too late he'll wake up and then I'll have to take him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home